Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Why You Should Consider A Personal Trainer

You may have never considered hiring a personal trainer, but I'll tell you why it's a great idea:

Top Reasons to Hire a Personal Trainer

Exercise has changed 

You may have been exposed to exercise "old school", maybe even dating back to the days of YOUR primary school education, when you were made to do chin-ups, push ups and climb a rope as part of your state's Physical Education programYou had to run, jump rope and dodge the ball. Today, exercise has evolved into a well rounded program that's all about what YOU like. 

The ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) has revised their guidelines for exercise to include components of cardiovascular, strength, flexibility and balance.  A good Personal Trainer can help you find the right balance to fit your needs, which brings me to the next point...

YOU have changed

You are not the same person you were 30 years ago, let alone 5 years ago.  Your needs have changed, your life has changed, your body has changed.  A knowlegable Personal Trainer should be able to help you through all stages of your life, through thick and thin, in sickness and in health.  The Personal Trainer is there to help you and adapt to your ever changing needs and can develop a program that fits you today and can grow with you.  As part of hiring a Personal Trainer, he or she should have you fill out a Health History Form, a Goals Worksheet and a Physical Activities Questionnaire, which will give him or her a good idea about your background and what you're looking for. 

Personal Trainers have changed

Gone are the days where the Personal Trainer stands above you and watches and counts while you lift weights.  Today's Personal Trainer spends time at the computer writing programs, checking heart rate graphs, watching Youtube for videos that explain technique or exercises.  Today's trainer is involved in a way with their client like never before, going on bike rides, long runs, or taking them to new places to do motivating workouts.  (I sometimes took a client to my secret hill to run hill repeats with them.)

Today's trainer is knowlegable about special populations:  pregnancy, senior citizens, individuals rehabbing an injury, and athletes seeking performance.  Some Personal Trainers have received additional qualifications in specific areas and are able to market themselves as such.  So, if you're looking to run a marathon, you might be wise to seek a trainer with knowledge of running marathons, not a trainer who specializes in pregnancy. 

Why Hire Me and 365fitt?

  • I will check your Health History
  • I will review your Physical Activity Questionnaire
  • I will help you with your Goals Worksheet
  • I will be compassionate and caring
  • I will be vested in your success
  • I will hold you accountable to yourself, and to me
  • I will monitor your progress, when we're together and while you're on your own
  • I will forward you articles that may interest you, not distract you
  • I will write workouts for you to keep your interest
  • I will provide opportunities for learning
  • I will teach you "why" I have you do something, so you learn
  • I will listen to your needs, your problems
  • I will motivate you to be good to yourself
  • I will help you over obstacles and roadblocks
  • I will refer you to someone qualified when you need special help
  • I will not accept your excuses
  • I will always tell you the truth
  • YOU will always be able to trust me
Hire me!
Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment