Thursday, September 3, 2015

365fitt Returns With Focus and Energy

You may have noticed that 365fitt has been "missing in action" for the last nine months or so.  To my blog followers, clients and friends, I need to let you know why.  LIFE got in the way.

As the owner of my own company, I am 365fitt.  I am the "face" of 365fitt and wear all the hats.  I represent the entire marketing, IT, and financial departments; and, one of the responsibilities of the marketing director is to send bi-monthly emails announcing important events and information.  I am also the head coach, events coordinator, and creative writing director, and am responsible for the 365fitt blog providing users with useful health and fitness information in a timely manner.

So, it goes without saying that when something happens to the owner of a small company, the business suffers from lack of attention.  In my case, a series of events, that I will call quite simply, LIFE, caused me to divert my attention from my company to personal matters.  Things happen for a reason, and I truly believe that while attending to these personal matters, while stepping back from 365fitt, I was able to reflect upon and breathe fresh air into 365fitt.  What I came up with was a new business plan that is focused and reflects the current needs of our country.

365fitt has always been about lifetime wellness.  Responding to current statistics from the CDC (Center for Disease Control):

  • 35% of adults are overweight or obese
  • 20% of adults have diabetes (may be higher)
  • 11% of adults have heart disease
And, the costs associated with disease continue to rise:
  • National health expenditures in the United States are approximately $3 trillion
  • Prescription drugs account for approximately 10% of national health expenditures
  • Approximately 80% of companies offer employee wellness programs
Therefore, 365fitt is going to try to make wellness affordable for individuals and companies since the BURDEN of wellness has shifted and will continue to shift to the individual and employee.  It seems that individuals will now have to take responsibility for their health; and potentially, reap a financial reward in the form of an insurance premium rebate or employer incentive.  The Healthcare Reform Act is still relatively new, and everyone - individuals, insurance companies, and employers - are trying to figure out how to decrease their costs.

It's time to think bigger!  365fitt represents a wellness solution in the Living 365fitt 12-Week Program to Lifestyle Wellness (book and video/webinar/podcast series) that can be embraced by millions.  It'll be my job to see it through.  If you'd like to be a part of this movement, please contact me at 630-302-3470 or by email at kathy@365fitt.com.  Here's to better health for all!

Living 365fitt,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment