Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Walking the Talk

So, today is July 25, 2012 and this is my first post to the 365fitt Blog.  It's muggy outside and it's going to get hot today - 98 degrees!) and I know that if I don't do my workout this morning, it won't get done.  But, I'm not done with my coffee yet, so I think I'll put off my workout until I finish the coffee, check my emails, and surf a couple sites.  I made a promise to myself that I would also fold my 3 loads of laundry and straighten the house.  (I already emptied the dishwasher so I have already crossed that off my list.)  I have to check the prairie and the garden too.    I better get all of that done before the day gets away from me and I have some clients to see today too.  So, maybe I just don't have time for a workout today.

GOTCHA!

First of all, I do have time for a workout today and I have actually planned it in between seeing two clients later today (I have an hour to kill).  And, since it's VERY HOT outside, I'll also take that into consideration and do an hour of swimming in the refreshing cool water of the pool.

So, you see, I'm just like everybody else out there.  I've got a lot of things going.  But I need my workout because it makes me feel better and gets me focused.  Some days I feel "sluggish" too and, dare I say the word "bloated"?  Yes, that too.  But, a workout has never failed me.

My goal at 365fitt is to train people "for the event called LIFE".  And...I want everyone to know that I walk the talk.  So, I'm going to grab my cup of coffee, put on my shoes, get my dog Ember (because she needs the walk too) and talk a walk outside and check the garden and the prairie.  It'll take about 30 minutes.  I'll finish my coffee and cross two more things off my list, not to mention, getting a walk in before it gets too hot.  I'm still looking forward to my swim tonight though!

No comments:

Post a Comment