Blink Weight Loss Challenge
Blink Weight Loss Challenge Program Starts February 24, 2013
sponsored by 365fitt, ZONING Fitness, and HeartzonesThe Goal: learn to ZONE, help us gather data, change your lifestyle and lose weight in the process. We know that daily activity is part of the solution, and we aim to prove it in this 8 week program.
You will receive
- a Blink 1A heart rate monitor,
- weekly workout plans using ZONING,
- twice weekly webinars led by National ZONING Coach Kathy Kent,
- three emails a week for physical, nutritional, and emotional support,
- a free chapter on weight loss from Sally Edward's newest book, ZONING, Fitness in a Blink,
- a 365fitt T-shirt,
- a subscription to your online logbook and a
- Certificate of Achievement from 365fitt and ZONING Fitness.
The ASCM's (American College of Sports Medicine) guidelines for exercise are as follows:
- Adults should get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week.
- Exercise recommendations can be met through 30-60 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise (five days per week) or 20-60 minutes of vigorous-intensity exercise (three days per week).
The very foundation of ZONING goes to worry free simplicity of design. First we use simple timing - 5 minutes to warm up, 20 minutes of doing something, 5 minutes to cool down (5 - 20 - 5). Then it is understanding your effort. Is it easy (blue), moderate (yellow) or hard (red). Variety is the final element. Simply change your effort every time the music or instruction changes. Indeed, our optional Heart Rate Monitor actually blinks blue, yellow or red depending on your level of effort. To begin just assess yourself (we guide you) then start. Easy as blue, yellow, red.
Zoning ActivitiesWhat is a Zoning activity? Really, it's any activity that gets you up and gets you moving so you notice the effort. With our Blink Heart Rate Monitor just set your zones (we guide you) and then keep it in the yellow.
Every Day ActivitiesWalking, swimming, running, skating, biking, playing, hiking, dancing, mowing the lawn, raking the leaves, taking the stairs, shoveling snow from the sidewalk, walking to Starbucks, walking when you play golf.
Make up your own. We keep saying Zoning is fun, easy and set to your own music. Think about it. Go for a walk. Bring your iPod. Walk to easy music. After five minutes change the music to something more up beat and walk faster. Do that for six songs then slow down.
Is there a small hill in your neighborhood? Walk to it, then up it. Repeat up and down for 20 minutes.
So, join me and ZONING Fitness on this 8 week Blink Weight Loss Challenge! Register at 365fitt.
Kathy, National Coach and ZONING Specialist